Homemade Cherry Cordial Ice Cream tastes just like your favorite chocolate-covered cherry cordial candies, with chunks of sweet succulent maraschino cherries and dark chocolate in a sweet amaretto ice cream base.
This no-churn Cherry Cordial ice cream recipe starts with an almond-flavored ice cream base. To that, we’ll stir in big pieces of candied cherries and chocolate chunks.
Why You’re Going to Love This Cherry Cordial Ice Cream Recipe
- It Tastes just like cherry cordials! Every single bit of this ice cream will remind you of the sweet chocolate cherries that you love.
- An easy no-churn ice cream recipe is perfect for this flavor and it’s the perfect grown-up indulgence.
- This ice cream recipe only requires 5 ingredients, so it’s simple to make, has natural flavors, but is just as creamy and decadent as ice cream made in an ice cream maker.
Ingredients in Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Using this thickened, sweetened milk is a shortcut that replaces the traditional custard used in churned ice cream recipes. You’ll need just 1 standard-sized can.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – To add air to ice cream without using an ice cream maker we are whipping heavy cream and folding it in gently.
- Almond Extract – To replicate the amaretto flavor in cherry cordials, this ice cream is flavored with almond extract rather than the standard vanilla that goes in most recipes. It adds a sophisticated almond taste.
- Maraschino Cherries – Grab a jar of maraschino cherries, drain them, remove the stems, and chop them up.
- Chocolate – Semisweet or dark chocolate is the best choice here. Buy the chocolate in a bar, and use a knife to cut it into small pieces. You can also use signature chocolate chips or homemade chocolate chips.
For the complete list of ingredients and instructions on how to make cherry cordial ice cream, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Store Homemade Ice Cream
Store this homemade No Churn Cherry Cordial Ice Cream in the freezer in an airtight container with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper pressed on top for up to one month. If you find that the ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes or so to soften up a bit.
No Churn Ice Cream Tips
- For this recipe, good quality chocolate will make all the difference.
- If at all possible, start with chilled ingredients, bowls, and utensils. The recipe should work fine if you skip this step, but I still suggest it, because the cream will whip up faster if it’s cold.
- Drain the Cherries – You don’t want the extra liquid from the jarred maraschino cherries in the ice cream, so be sure to drain it away. You can use that liquid to make sweet cherry sodas or milkshakes though!
- Don’t skimp on the fat – High-fat milk and cream are essential when making homemade cherry cordial ice cream.
- Don’t go crazy with the add-ins – If you’re adding in additional ingredients, pick one or two and make sure they are chopped into pieces no larger than a blueberry or pea.
Ice Cream Maker Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
If you’d like to make cherry cordial ice cream in your ice cream maker, use our vanilla bean ice cream recipe as the base, flavored with almond extract. Churn the base according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and add in the chopped cherries and chocolate during the last two minutes of the churn.
Can I Use Chocolate Chips instead of Chocolate Chunks?
Any kind of chocolate will work just fine in this recipe! I prefer the texture of chopped chocolate because I enjoy the different-sized pieces throughout the ice cream. If you want to use chocolate chips, I suggest mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
We have so many amazing ice cream flavors for you to make at home! These are a few of my favorites:
- Easy Churro Ice Cream
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream
- Candy Cane Ice Cream
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
LET’S GET SOCIAL, you can follow us on Pinterest or leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Did you make this Homemade Amaretto Cherry Cordial Ice Cream Recipe? Leave a Comment Below letting us know what you thought and if you added any additional add-ins.
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, stems removed, drained, and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate, or dark chocolate
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, almond extract, and salt in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, similar to making whipped cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Gently fold in the maraschino cherries and chopped chocolate.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g